To be considered for federal financial aid, you’ll need to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year.
Application process for financial aid:
- Complete 2023-2024 FAFSA at www.studentaid.gov (Requires 2021 tax data)
- Select South Plains College with school code (003611)
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Check DAILY for emails on the student and parent email accounts provided on the FAFSA, including the student's SPC account.
- If selected for Verification, please follow the SPC Verification Process
- Submit Official High School Transcript with Graduation Date to Admissions and Records
- Make sure you have selected a major
- If a loan is needed, click here
Who is eligible?
To qualify for most financial aid, an applicant must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-U.S. citizen
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student.
- Be enrolled at least half time (for most financial aid funds), and
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
When is the deadline?
*Priority dates--Dates by which all students should complete their files to be considered for all types of aid, including limited funding for some grants and on-campus jobs; also, the date to ensure that funding will be available for the pre-registration payment due date and open registration.
Fall & Spring Semesters June 10
Spring Semester Only October 15
Summer Session March 1
*Absolute deadline--The last day you can submit a FAFSA to the Department of Education for the current school year.
June 30, 2024, for 2023-2024 school year
Check Aid Status on Texan Connect
From the MySPC portal, you will be able to use Texan Connect (self-service portal) and the financial aid checklist to see your financial aid awards, check the status of your financial aid, and check on any outstanding requirements that may prevent you from receiving your aid.