Advising & Testing
The staff in the Advising and Testing Center is dedicated to helping students identify their educational and career goals. Advisors are available to help students develop an Educational Success Plan (ESP) that will prepare students to navigate through their education at South Plains College and beyond.
Goals of the advising system at South Plains College are to:
- Guide in the selection of courses and preparation of an individualized success plan, including degree worksheets and TSI information that correlates with life goals.
- Increase awareness of institutional resources and make referrals to appropriate support services.
- Clarify the student’s responsibility in his/her academic success, including academic regulations, institutional procedures, and policies.
- Encourage educational and career exploration and goal setting.
- Create an environment that is caring, supportive and accessible.
- Assist students in exploration, clarification, communication and implementation of realistic choices.
- Offer ongoing training and professional development activities for all involved in advising.
- Provide regular, formal evaluation of advising practices and make adjustments based on evaluation recommendations.
To schedule an appointment come by the Advising and Testing Center or call 806.716.2368