Programs of Study
Levelland VN Program Entrance Requirements
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS for the LVN Program on the Levelland Campus: ALL students who are applying for the Vocational Nursing Program MUST be TSI Compliant. All students must take the TEAS test and pass the Reading and English sections in order to receive an application.
Completion of prerequisite courses will be required before admission to all Vocational Nursing programs at South Plains College.
Required pre-requisite courses are:
English 1301 Composition
Math 0120 Mathematics for Vocational Nursing
VNSG 1420 Anatomy & Physiology for Allied Health
VNSG 1222 Vocational Nursing Concepts
1. Complete the requirements for admission to South Plains College. Admission to South Plains College DOES NOT guarantee admission to the Vocational Nursing Program.
2. The Texas Board of Nursing may deny application of licensure for applicants with felony or misdemeanor convictions (other than minor traffic violations), applicants who have been declared judicially incompetent, and applicants who are intemperate users of drugs or alcohol.
3. The application to Vocational Nursing Program will be given to you upon passing the TEAS test.
a. The test is given on preset testing dates.
b. To set up an appointment to take the test, please contact the Testing Center: 806-716-2530
4. An official copy of your high school transcript and/or GED scores. You will need two copies of your high school transcripts or GED (one for the Vocational Nurse Program and one for the Registrar's Office).
5. An official copy of all college transcripts (if applicable).
NOTE: Those students selected for admission to the Vocational Nursing Program will have a criminal background check prior to entering the program.
For more information, contact Sue Ann Lopez, Dean of Health Occupations