The First Step program is an assistance program for technical majors funded through the Carl D. Perkins grant.
Assistance / services available:
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Childcare assistance
- Personal Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Referral to outside agencies
Requirements to receive assistance through Carl D. Perkins funding:
- Be enrolled in a technical degree program offered on the campus you have applied for assistance.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need (Qualified for Pell Grant).
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA (Cumulative)
- Be working on first degree
- Additional steps may be required depending on location and nature of assistance. For further details contact one of the specialists listed below.
Deadlines: Students must apply for services every semester. It is beneficial to apply as early as possible.
Application Notes: Click Here For Application (available soon - please see First Step office at Levelland or Reese)
- Fill it out and return the Application. All Applications received after the semester begins will be placed on a waiting list and be considered on a need-based scale. Those who apply first will be considered first.
- You must re-apply each semester.
- You may request more program information in person or by contacting us at the information below. If you have any other questions please call or come by. Our office appointment times are Monday thru Friday from 8am – 4pm.
Reese / Plainview / BMATC
1401 S. College Ave.
Levelland, TX 79336
819 Gilbert Drive
Additional Assistance may be available through Workforce Solutions of the South Plains: http://www.spworkforce.org/