HQ. Photography ServiceOVERVIEW
The College Relations Photography Service exists to provide photographic support for the communications efforts of South Plains College. Principally, the service supports the College's publications program, as directed by the Office of College Relations, and the news and information service. As needed, the service also provides support for maintaining a pictorial history of major college events and activities and support for the development of pictorial and other visual displays needed to promote the college and its various departments.
Responsibility for the operation of the College Relations Photography Service rests with the Associate Dean of College Relations and/or his designee.
The College Relations Photography Service can provide the SPC community the following photographic/image services:
and white photography, including film development and printmaking. (This service
is provided on campus.)
2. Color photography, including film development and printmaking. (This service is coordinated with off-campus photofinishers.)
3. Color transparency photography, including film development and mounting. (This service is coordinated with off-campus photofinishers.)
4. Black and white copying and printmaking.
5. Black and white and color negative files of all film taken as official College business for the purpose of photo reprints.
6. Digital scanning of photographic images either from print positives or film negatives.
The service operates to serve the interests of South Plains College, its faculty, administration and staff. The Office of Marketing and Recruitment discourages off-campus use of the photography service. Special requests from off-campus customers must be approved by the Associate Dean of College Relations.
Request for Photo Services
Requests for photo support can by made by contacting the Office of Marketing and Recruitment . Photo assignments and photo darkroom work orders shall be prioritized according to the priority guidelines established by the Office of Marketing and Recruitment . All reasonable efforts will be made to complete work assignments in a timely manner.
Reimbursement for Photo Services
Photo requests from faculty, staff and departments which meet one or more of the following criteria will be charged the prevailing rate for such services.
which are to be used by faculty, staff or departments for personal,
professional or departmental purposes.
2. Photos which support department or faculty-initiated promotions or activities.
3. Photos which are used for departmental displays, student recognition programs, etc.
Photo services will be invoiced at a "cost of materials" price which will be determined by the Office of Marketing and Recruitment .
Departments, faculty and staff will not be charged for photo support of departmental activities and events which are determined to be of an external public relations or publicity nature. That determination shall be made by the Dean of College Relations, according to the following guidelines.
photos are part of an external or internal publication produced and funded by
the Office of Marketing and Recruitment .
2. The photos are to be used in the news and information service as pictorial support for media releases.
3. The photos will support College Relations activities and programs.
The Office of College Relations shall maintain a price list for all photo services which reflects the "cost of materials," which may include paper, film and chemicals. Current photography service price lists will be made available upon request.
Payment for Photos
Departments on campus shall be invoiced for photos and other photographic services through an inter-departmental transfer made with the SPC Business Office.
Faculty shall be invoiced for photos of a personal nature and payment is expected within 15 days of receipt of the invoice.
Students who request photos will be required to pay cash in advance.
Revised: July 24, 2000