Drops and Withdrawals
Official Census Dates and Last Day to Drop Schedule
|Term||Official Census Date||Last Day to Drop|
|2015 Spring Semester||February 4, 2015||April 28, 2015|
|2015 Spring Interim Session||May 18, 2015||May 26, 2015|
|2015 First Summer Session||June 4, 2015||June 29, 2015|
|2015 Second Summer Session||July 14, 2015||August 5, 2015|
|2015 Fall Semester||September 9, 2015||November 18, 2015|
Drops During the Registration Period
During the pre-registration, open registration, and late registration period of each term, adding and dropping can be made online by logging into MySPC and accessing CampusConnect.
PLEASE NOTE: You CANNOT add, drop, or switch courses through CampusConnect after the registration period is over.
Drops After the Registration Period through the Official Census Date
Once the registration period is over, drops must be made IN PERSON with a picture ID through the Admissions and Records Office located in the Student Services Building at the Levelland Campus or in Building 8 at the Reese Center. There is a $5 drop fee (cash or money order only). Click here for office hours.
Drops After the Official Census Date
- Complete and print the Student Initiated Drop Form.
- Get instructor's signature for each course dropped.
- Return signed form to the Levelland or Reese Admissions and Records Office with $5 drop fee (cash or money order only). You must have a picture ID to complete the drop. (If you are a student taking 100% online courses and you are living out of district, please contact Valerie Barrera at email@example.com or 806-716-2355 for instructions on returning form.)
Changes are not official until all steps in the process have been completed. Failure to follow the drop/withdrawal procedures could result in you receiving a grade of "F".
Six Course Drop Limit
Beginning with the Fall 2007 semester, all freshmen who enroll in a Texas public institution of higher education for the first time during the fall 2007 semester and thereafter, will be limited to six course drops throughout their entire undergraduate career. All course drops, including those initiated by students or faculty and any course a transfer student has dropped at another institution, automatically count toward the limit. Exceptions to the rule include:
- Students who entered college before the fall 2007 semester.
- Courses taken by dual credit or early admission students.
- Courses dropped at private or out-of-state institutions.
- Remedial or developmental courses.
- Workforce development and continuing education courses.
- Courses that meet the definition of complete withdrawal.
- Courses dropped before the official census date.
- Courses dropped due to good cause as determined by the college.
To completely withdraw from all your classes, please initiate your withdrawal by reporting IN PERSON to the Counseling Center located in the Student Services Building at the Levelland Campus or the Counseling Center in Building 8 at the Reese Center.
Drops/Withdrawals must have the student's original signature; therefore, cannot be made by phone or fax.
The below Fall and Spring Refund Schedule is based on FULL payment of tuition and fees. If a student is on tuition and fee installment contract, the refund will be reduced by the balance still owed.
|Fall and Spring Semesters|
|Prior to the first class day||100%|
|During the first 15 class days||70%|
|During the 16th-20th class days||25%|
|After the 20th class day||NONE|
The below Summer Refund Schedule is based on FULL payment of tuition and fees.
|Prior to the first class day||100%|
|During the first 5 class days||70%|
|During the 6th class day||25%|
|After the 6th class day||NONE|