Section 8.0 FACULTY SENATE
8.1 FACULTY SENATE PURPOSE, MEMBERSHIP AND ORGANIZATION
- Purpose: The Faculty Senate is to provide representation for faculty and support services that have concerns about the policies and procedures of their respective departments and/or SPC as a whole.
- Membership: The membership is composed of representatives designated by each department and is open to all full time faculty and support services.
- Length of Membership Term: The length of the term is determined by Chairperson’s appointment.
- Officers: President, Vice President, and Secretary are elected by the Faculty Senate members.
- Meetings: Monthly called by the Faculty Senate President.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement
South Plains College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Vice President for Student Affairs, South Plains College, 1401 College Avenue, Box 5, Levelland, TX 79336. Phone number 806-716-2360.