General and Specific Requirements
1. The application, required documents and application fee must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first scheduled day of registration for a given semester.
2. There will be a quota impressed on the total number of international students accepted for admission at South Plains College for any given semester. The college reserves the right to change the quota any time without prior notification.
3. A $100 application fee (in U.S. currency) is required before consideration of an application can be made. The fee should accompany the application when it is sent to the college. We accept cash, money order or you may email the Business Office at INTLFEE@southplainscollege.edu. In the email please include your full name, name of credit card holder, credit card number, expiration date and the security code on the back of the card.
1. Evidence of proficiency on the English language is required and can be satisfied by submitting results from the Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing Service (IELTS), or by completing the highest level in an English as a Second Language (ESL) program. Minimum score for the TOEFL is 550 (paper exam), 213 (computer exam), or 79 (internet-based exam). For IELTS, the minimum score is a 6.5 for the academic version, general training results are not acceptable. The TOEFL and IELTS scores are only valid for 2 years.
2. An official copy of a transcript with the last four years of secondary school must be submitted. The official transcript must be an ORIGINAL COPY TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH and must show each course completed and grade earned. A minimum grade average of “B” is required.
3. Proof of financial ability to remain at South Plains College long enough to complete degree requirements must also be submitted with the application. This proof can be in the form of a bank statement with a minimum amount of $8,400 and a letter from the person responsible for the international student or form I-34 from immigration.
Specific Requirements - Transfer Students
1. Transfer students from other colleges and universities within the United States must meet all General and Specific Requirements as outlined. An official college transcript from every United States College or University attended must be submitted in place of the high school transcript.
2. Transfer students must have completed at least 12 semester hours but not more than 40 semester hours with a minimum 3.25 GPA to be eligible for consideration.
3. An International Student Verification Form must be completed by your current/former international student advisor.
THE FORM I-20 WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNTIL ALL REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN SATISFIED.