What is orientation?
New Student Orientation gives new students the knowledge needed to be successful as a student at South Plains College. In addition, you will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes. Each South Plains College campus has a unique orientation experience. Attend the orientation program at the campus in which you plan to take the majority of your classes.
Who should attend orientation?
- Recent high school graduates
- Any new student to SPC
- Dual Credit students
- Students with fewer that 15 college credit hours completed
Why should I attend orientation?
- Familiarize yourself with campus services and resources
- Connect with faculty, staff, new and current students
- Explore involvement opportunities on campus
- Learn what it takes to be a successful student
- Learn the values of South Plains College
- Begin an on-going advising process with an advisor
- Gain an understanding of degree planning and registration
- Familiarize yourself with the various forms of technology available to SPC students
SUMMER 2015 DATES
Levelland Campus--June 19, 26, July 10, 24, August 7, 11
Reese Center--July 31
Plainview Center--July 14
Byron Martin ATC--July 16