South Plains College offers professional career services to students on our three primary locations: Levelland, Reese, and Plainview. These services include assistance with:
- Career Research
- Individual Career Counseling
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Interviewing Skills
- Employment Resources
- Employment Agencies
- Job Database
Career and Self Evaluation Course: HUDV 1200
Offered both in traditional class format and on the internet, this course is designed to assist students with exploring career fields and choosing educational goals to get them there. Students cover a variety of topics including: Personality, Career Interests, Abilities, Values, World of Work, Resumes and Interviewing. Inventories are given to assist the student in discovering their talents, areas of strength, and how those apply to careers.
- Career Bliss - provides company reviews and ratings, salary information, and job postings online
- Acinet.org Career Information Network
- O*Net Occupational Network
- Bls.gov US Department of Labor Statistics
- Vark What's your learning style?
- Human Metrics Fun website for self-exploration.
- Keirsey - Excellent Personality Profile site
- iseek Assessment of career skills
Job Search Engines
- Careerbuilder -
- Careerjet -
- JUJU -
- Indeed - Salary and Job research
- Glassdoor Salary and Job research
Links to Other Career and Job Resources
- Jobsearch USA
- USAJobs - Government Jobs
- Fedshirevets.gov Resource for Veterans
- ERI - Career Salary and Cost of Living Calculators
- Homefair.com - Research cost of living, crime rates, etc.
- Sunraye.com - Excellent resource for job searching
- Workforce - Texas Workforce center
- Ready Prep Interview